Join The Team
NEW VACANCY: 9TH SEPTEMBER 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION – “LOCAL SELECTS” MANAGER
An extremely rare opportunity for a hungry, ambitious and highly proactive recent graduate who wants to build a marketing career within the drinks industry.
Working exclusively on our newest brand, this is a blank canvas; you can establish and put your own stamp on this new food and drink brand as you’ll be in it from the start!. And the icing on the cake? You’ll be joining a business where every permanent member of the team has equity in the company.
Who are we?
The Start-Up Drinks Lab is an exciting, mould-breaking drinks business that opened its doors in Spring 2018. We are an incubator for new drink ideas where we help our clients take their drink idea from concept to shelf within 3 months. We have a team of recipe developers, designers and even our own pilot bottling facility.
As well as helping a variety of clients from around the world launch new drink brands, we also create our own. As a team, we design and sell our brands across the world with every brand owned by The Start-Up Drinks Lab being included in the equity that each of our team members own. If you join our team, this will include you!
We are the ideas factory, supporting all creativity, innovation and experimentation within craft drinks. Many of our clients call us the “drinkubator” (and we’ll happily take that).
Our Latest Brand (“Local Selects”).
In a break from the norm, our latest brand is not a drinks brand but instead a mixed box of boutique food and drink brands from around the world. The brand is “Local Selects” and was launched at the start of March 2020 to enable our clients to sell direct to door during tough times. The success has taken us all by surprise and now we want to take “Local Selects” to the next level through investment and expansion. Behind closed doors, we have developed a new concept for the “Local Select” boxes which currently no other mixed-box provider does. As such, we are looking for an ambitious, highly talented, creative (yet organised) graduateto take the idea and turn it into reality.
Hint: Competitors in this area would be those who do mixed boxes direct-to-door including Banilla Box, Keep Glasgow Thriving, Craft Gin Club etc.
We are looking for an all-rounder who is looking for their first or second job since leaving university. You will be a unique blend of creative, entrepreneurial, digitally savvy (social media), have an eye for detail, enviable project management skills and known for your military style organisation.
We will train you in all aspects of the role including writing creative briefs, pricing the boxes, liaising with suppliers, e-commerce, invoicing etc. This is a role that, if you decide to move on, will have taught you a cross section of business skills with a brand that you can demonstrate you have managed from the start. Not many candidates can claim that!
Skills we would like you to have:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding and ability to use social media channels commercially
- Project Management
- Ability to build strong relationships with suppliers
- Time management – you’ll be juggling a lot of balls
A typical day could include:
- Sourcing new boutique food and drink brands from across Europe.
- Attending a photo shoot for your latest mixed box.
- Refining the rebrand for the new Local Selects identity with the graphic designer.
- Summarising your weekly sales figures.
- Encouraging a journalist to write about Local Selects.
- Working with UK based food and drink influencers to post about Local Selects.
- Writing a social media content plan for the next month.
- Liaising with customers who purchase the boxes online.
- Daily administration.
- Presenting performance and plans to directors.
- ….and coming up with concepts for a new boxes!
Required experience and competencies:
- Achieved minimum 2:1 degree
- Ability to demonstrate an interest in boutique food and drink brands
What we can offer you?
- A base salary of £20,000 per annum.
- A company van with use during evenings and weekends
- Monthly performance related bonus – you get commission for each box sold (no cap).
- Equity in “The Start-Up Drinks Lab” (entire business, not just Local Selects).
When can you start?
- w/c 5th October 2020 (earlier if possible).
- Full time, permanent (40 hours per week).
- Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm.
- Office based (currently based in Kelburn Business Park, Port Glasgow).
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence (this is a must).
- A genuine interest in carving a career in the drinks industry.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and CV to Hannah@startupdrinkslab.com before Friday 18th September. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 22nd September.