Join The Team
We are an ideas factory, supporting creativity, innovation and experimentation within craft drinks. Help us ensure every great craft drink idea can be created by joining our team. We also love to receive speculative CV’s, especially if you have experience in food and drink production. Our team is always growing so feel free to drop us a line if interested.
We currently have one vacancy.
DRINKS BRAND AMBASSADOR
A rare part-time opportunity for a hungry, ambitious candidate who wants to make the transition from bartending into brand ambassadorial and sales within the drinks industry. That’s right, a career where your job is actually to visit bars daily, representing a portfolio of Scottish craft drinks which focus on mixers and adult soft drinks.
What is The Start-Up Drinks Lab?
The Start-Up Drinks Lab is an exciting, mould-breaking drinks business that opened its doors in Spring 2018. Based in the new Kelburn Business Park in Inverclyde (PA14 6BL), we help take our clients’ craft drink ideas all the way from concept through to shelf. We provide recipe development, branding and small batch manufacturing for craft sodas, mixers, premium RTD’s, beers and ciders for brands around the world.
Visit us at www.startupdrinkslab.com or better still, learn about us by watching what we do with this quick film…. we appear at 1min40sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJSZHapmuBM&feature=youtu.be
Our vision is to be the most accessible, full service and trusted manufacturing partner for small- medium sized craft drink producers. The Lab is a platform for innovation and we want you to be part of the team.
We are becoming the ideas factory, supporting all creativity, innovation and experimentation within craft drinks.
We want you to help us ensure every great craft drink idea can be created.
You will be the face in the trade of some of Scotland’s most exciting craft drinks including mixers and adult soft drinks. These include:
- Sparklingly Sober – a non-alcoholic rose wine alternative. Blended in small batches with Scottish water, Rhubarb, Elderflower and a hint of Ginger Spice.
- Wee Davie Cola – A Scottish cola that is made solely to be mixed with Dark Rum. With Scottish malt from the borders and vanilla blended in, it tastes odd on its own but makes the perfect rum and coke.
- Just The Tonic – a crisp, clean no-nonsense Scottish tonic water that complements any gin. Developed with the bar team from Dandelyan.
We are looking for a passionate all-rounder who loves to meet people and can quickly build relationships. After this we want you to sell, educate both trade and consumers, and drive brand awareness through gaining new stockists and supporting the ongoing sales. You will be trained up and gain experience in all aspects of the business; so, it is an ideal role for an ambitious, hungry drinks enthusiast.
A typical day could include:
- Targeting an area initially within the Scottish Central Belt, with particular focus on Glasgow and Edinburgh, but occasional travel to other major cities in the UK will occur.
- Working closely with independent delis, spirit retailers, hotels, restaurants and bars.
- Selling the fantastic range of craft drinks into bars around Scotland.
- Our brands are listed with all the major wholesalers, so you will help direct your customers to how they can order stock easily.
- Be an ambassador by training bartenders on the brands and how to serve them.
- Presenting our brands at consumer and trade shows.
- Keeping up to speed with who is who in the UK bar and specialist drink retail scene.
- Support the hosting of our leisure clients in our “Craft Soda School” – a one day experience where teams create a new craft drink brand in one day.
- Working with our design team to develop stand out and effective point-of-sale.
- ….and even coming up with concepts for new drinks!
Required experience and competencies:
- A good understanding of the bar scene and contacts/known within the trade – therefore would suit someone with bartending/mixology experience.
- Selling experience is particularly attractive.
- The most important attribute you can have is a “can do” attitude demonstrating your drive, determination and creativity will be an asset to our team.
What we can offer you?
- A role with an ambitious, mould breaking company.
- Initially, the role will be part time meaning you can keep some shifts in your bar allowing you to stay well networked.
- Competitive part time salary
- Performance related commission
- Company vehicle with petrol allowance for all business travel.
- Longer term, equity in “The Start-Up Drinks Lab”.
- Additional overtime available.
- Full training.
- An opportunity for this role to be made full time in the future.
When can you start?
- 1st June 2019
- Part time (20 hours per week), permanent with some flexibility around working hours.
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- A genuine interest in carving a sales career in the drinks industry
How do I apply?
Please send your CV and covering letter to Hannah Fisher at Hannah@startupdrinkslab.com
Following a review of applicant’s CV, a short list will be called for an initial interview at our site.