Join The Team
We are an ideas factory, supporting creativity, innovation and experimentation within craft drinks. Help us ensure every great craft drink idea can be created by joining our team. We also love to receive speculative CV’s, especially if you have experience in food and drink production. Our team is always growing so feel free to drop us a line if interested.
Current Vacancy: Office Manager & Stock Controller
Due to our expansion, an opportunity has emerged for an Office Manager with direct responsibility for stock control. It would be the perfect role for someone who is organised, diligent and has a high attention to detail.
- Location: The Start-Up Drinks Lab, Unit 5, Block D, Kelburn Business Park, Port Glasgow. PA14 6BL
- Hours: 8.30am-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Salary: £22,000 per year + performance bonus + equity + pension + holidays
No one day will be the same! We are looking for a passionate all-rounder who loves to make things happen. This primary purpose of this role is to support the planning and logistics surrounding our bottling hall (and soon to expand into a canning line) as well as working directly on our “Craft Soda School” classes which are open to the public. We are a small team of 15 people and this newly created role will be closely linked to all areas of the business including booking in all and scheduling production orders, uploading and controlling all stock items onto our systems, recording daily production performance, book keeping using accounting software, as well as helping with practicalities around the classes held at The Craft Soda School (both selling them and setting up for each class). We can promise that you will be an integral part of a close knit, fun filled team.
A typical day could include:
- Attending our daily 8.30am production meeting to hear how team performed against previous day’s target and update on targets for that day.
- Stock checking ingredients, bottles, labels and boxes for our clients ahead of their production and ensuring these tie to our online system.
- Recording all performance figures (target vs. achieved) to ensure all tracking is in place for team’s quarterly bonus.
- Turning all bookings in production calendar into detail Manufacturing Orders using our slick online system.
- Reconciling invoices and supporting on daily accounts, again using a user-friendly online system.
- Taking the physical sheets of Goods In and Goods Out and recording them online to ensure traceability.
- Attending selected client meetings to help build relationships with key clients.
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis to update them on stock levels and ensuring we are set for current and future production.
- Checking all stock levels match online system (once a month).
- Posting samples to our microbiological lab for testing.
- Posting samples to clients and suppliers alike.
- Additional tasks that appear daily (the “curve balls”).
- Being the lead internally on selling classes and arranging practicalities for our consumer experience, “The Craft Soda School” for either the one day VIP experience or the shorter, 2 hour “Design Your Own Tonic Water” class. Hint: this is a chance to increase your salary as commission paid on each class type you sell.
- General office management, making sure procedures are followed as well as general cleanliness and ensuring all essential items are stocked.
- Responsibility for health and safety in the office and production facility.
- ….and even coming up with concepts for new drinks!
Required experience and competencies:
- The most important attribute you can have is a “can do” attitude demonstrating your drive, determination and organisation will be an asset to our team. Your past experience is of less concern.
- A hungry candidate looking to build a career within the drinks industry.
- Office Manager, Account Manager, Stock Control and/or Administrative experience is particularly attractive.
- Strong communication, organisation, attention to detail and pride in your work.
What we can offer you?
- A role with an ambitious, mould breaking company.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in “The Start-Up Drinks Lab”.
- 22 days holiday excluding Christmas/New Year (24th Dec-2nd Jan inclusive) and Easter (Good Friday/Easter Monday).
- Performance related commission.
- Full training.
When can you start?
- Role is available immediately.
- Full time (40 hours per week), permanent.
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence.
- A genuine interest in carving a career in the drinks industry within a small-medium sized enterprise.
How do I apply?
Please send your CV and covering letter to Hannah Fisher at Hannah@startupdrinkslab.com. Closing date for applications is Friday 31st January 2020.
Following a review of applicant’s CV, a short list will be called for an initial interview at our site. These will be held early February with an offer being issued after first stage interview. Feedback will be given to all candidates who reach interview stage.